Under the Investor stream 188, the investors who are applicable to invest a minimum of AUD $1.5 million in any Australian institution or business are preferred. The investment period under this category is around 2 years.
Here are a few eligibility criteria’s a candidate should look out for:
- Candidate must make sure to firstly have a nomination from an Australian state or territory government.
- The investment must be either personal assets or capital investment, which must have been acquired legally. This investment must be owned by the candidate and his/her for over 2 years and must be transferable to Australia within 2 years of the date mentioned on the Visa.
- Candidates are required to have at least 10% and direct management of the desired business for a minimum of 1 year with respect to the previous 5 financial years with eligible investments of at least AUD $1.5 million.
- Candidate must prove his/her management experience related to the business. 3 years of direct management experience is required.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to stay in the state or territory for at least 2 years and applicant must be aged 55 or less to qualify. The age criteria can be waived at the discretion of the nominating state or territory if their investment will benefit the state or territory economically or financially.