Significant Investor Stream
Under this category, the investment amount is raised up to AUD $5 million in any Australian investment institute or business activity. This is applicable after the completion period of the candidates Provisional Visa. This is a 4 year temporary visa and once the candidate is able to maintain the investment, he/she is eligible to apply for PR status.
- Candidate must receive a nomination from an Australian state or territory government or from the Australian Trade Commission
- Candidate must have at least AUD$5 million in investment funds, venture capital or private equity funds which must have been acquired legally and must be available to invest in Australia
- She/he must agree not to bring any legal action against Australia for any losses related to the investment
Business migration can be complex at times; applicants must be willing to reside in Australia for at least 40 days per year for the duration of the visa. Another option is for the applicant's spouse to live in Australia for 180 days per year for the duration of the visa. Applicants must reside in the state or territory of their nomination.
- Minimum AUD$500,000 in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies
- Minimum AUD$1.5 million in approved managed funds investing in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
- Minimum $AUD3 million 'balancing investment' in managed funds that may invest in a range of assets, such as ASX-listed companies, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities, and commercial real estate.